FRIED RICE with bay shrimp, spam, abalone mushrooms
TUNA BELLY MISOYAKI with brussel sprouts, tentsuyu
TWICE COOKED PORK BELLY with pineapple, thai basil, fennel
GRILLED SHORTRIB with escargot, bone marrow, mushrooms, leeks, fresh horseradish
BAKED HAWAII with caramelized pineapple ice cream, vanilla chiffon
When it is nearly impossible to get a reservation off of Yelp (seriously, not even OpenTable), you know you are in trouble. But for what it's worth, we made a reservation nearly 3 weeks out to find out why the city is shedding such a heavy spotlight on this new Hawaiian joint that was also dubbed as Tendernob's firebrand by Eater.
Liholiho hype was instantly validated when we started to dig into the Fried Rice. Two additional must haves include Twice Cooked Pork Belly (uber soft pork belly + simmered pineapple = heaven) and Grilled Shortrib (oh so tender and rich as hell). I am pretty determined to try every single item on the menu over the next few months at this point. But as for my next visit, I am craving....
- TUNA POKE with sesame oil, radish, nori crack
- ROASTED OCTOPUS with curried raisins, castelvetrano, butterball potatoes
- WHOLE MAINE LOBSTER with preserved black bean chili sauce, toasted garlic
- OPAH with chili-honey rub, gigantes, preserved meyer lemon, savoy cabbage, soy brown butter
- FRIED CORNISH GAME HENwith cashews, tamari glaze, broccoli, flowering kale
or everything else on the menu. It's Liholiho good.
LIHOLIHO YACHT CLUB
871 SUTTER STREET, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94109